Welcome to Whoberley Hall Nursery!
Our Nursery class is led by a qualified teacher, Mrs Taylor and supported by Mrs Harper, Mrs McIvor and Mrs Revelins. Nursery children also mix with those in Reception during free flow, therefore they are also supported by Reception staff, Mrs Davis and Mrs Harper.
Together we provide a enjoyable, stimulating, happy and safe environment in which the children thrive.
In Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, which is very much centred on developing the unique child.
The different areas of learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – making relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
- Communication and Language – listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Physical Development – moving and handling, health and self-care
- Literacy – reading and writing
- Mathematics – numbers and shape, space and measures
- Understanding the World – people and communities, the world, technology
- Expressive Arts and Design – exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative
We incorporate all of these areas of learning, into our Early Years half-termly learning themes, which we adapt to support the needs and interests of the children in our Nursery and Reception setting.
Nursery is part of the Foundation curriculum - Years 0 to 5.
Click the link here to find details of the curriculum and what we use to assess the children in Early Years. The “What to expect, when?” developmental milestones is also a useful government document that gives parents helpful ideas on how to support their child's learning and development at home.
We welcome prospective parents to come and visit our Nursery and Reception setting.
This will enable you to experience the warm, 'home from home' atmosphere and our holistic approach we adopt at Whoberley Hall, when supporting the development of the children.
Please see the topics for this year and Nursery newsletters attached below.